I'm an experienced photographer who will be attending NYCC/NYAF working as professional this year for my friend's company. I am looking to also book some private photoshoots for this convention. So far I have quite a few openings, so I'd like to fill them up! I'm a cosplayer like the rest of you, so I know exactly how it feels and can give comfort/ease during the shoot!
Scheduling A Private Shoot
Since I am not your typical con photographer, I prefer not to have the "shoot and run" type photo that looks like typical convention coverage. I would rather find a background or location, whether on convention grounds or nearby.
I will discuss with you before the convention/shoot about the costume, the character, so the photoshoot will go as planned with ideas ready to go.
This also means I dedicate time, not only work, to a private shoot. I can do photoshoots up to an hour that would ensure a variety of high quality photos that you will receive.
I edit my own photographs with detailed, subtle retouching that enhances the overall photosets.
Since I do put a lot of work into these shoots, have professional equipment and training, I prefer paid private photoshoots. However, I am very reasonably priced, and willing to negotiate. It's not like I won't do free shoots ever, but remember, paid photoshoots are insured to get a complete set of fully edited photos, will be prioritized over others, and get their final photos much sooner. Free shoots are very limited and can often depend on the costume.
In order to book a time slot, private message me what day/time you would like to do the shoot and for what costume. I will reply with the availability of your time slot as well as rates. If you are not sure all the details yet, but know you want to work with me, let me know as well.
What You Will Get
- Up to an hour private photoshoot.
- Variety of poses (portrait & full length), angles, possibly different locations.
- At least 10 fully edited high quality photos depending on the time/efficiency of the shoot. Longer time slots and well-planned shoots are more likely to get more photos. Also larger groups can get more due to the variety of groupings vs. individual shots.
Message me if you have any questions regarding these topics. I am very happy to work with you or slightly readjust to your needs.
There are a few very basic and understandable rules regarding my work.
- If you need to, cancel as early as possible, preferably 24 hours in advance at least. Do not leave me hanging, or show up really late to a shoot. I am understanding of unforeseen problems, but keeping in touch is essential then.
- Please refrain from your cellphone during the photos for I'd rather it not distract or take up time.
- Your friends are welcome to watch the shoot as long as they do not disrupt it.
- No editing of the final photographs, if you have a request let me know.
- No cropping the photos unless it's for an icon.
- Do not remove the watermark, unless given permission.
- I offer prints from professional quality digital labs that can also be matted.
- I do non-convention shoots as well, message me for details.
- Referrals are not only appreciated, but rewarded.
For more examples of cosplay photography, check my flickr!